Your Minecraft Snowman Craft Will Be A Fun Addition To Your Holiday Decor
This Minecraft snowman craft is fairly easy to make and would go great with many holiday decorating sceneries.
Kids still love Minecraft and who can blame them. Minecraft allows them to get ost into their own self-created little worlds, literally.
Make multiple Minecraft snowmen, the more the better. Get the supplies in bulk so that the kids can create them altogether.
The Minecraft snowman craft is a great snow day activity when you are snowed in.
Materials Needed For Minecraft Snowman Craft
- Download These Snowman Pieces
- Mod Podge
- Small paint brush
- 3 one-inch wood blocks (can be found on Amazon)
- Ribbon (for a scarf)
Your child may be able to do this activity by themselves depending on age. Place all these supplies into a plastic shoebox and add it to their activity center shelve, they can go grab it when they are ready to do it.
We got lots of material so that we can create multiple little Minecraft snowmen, the best prices I found were on Amazon.
You can change up the size of the blocks to have bigger Minecraft snowmen. If you didn’t want to print out the snowman pieces you can paint th blocs with some paint and add some glitter so it glistens.
Instructions To Make Your Minecraft Snowman Craft
- Print out the snowman printable and carefully trim each piece.
- Using ModPodge and a small paint brush, glue one piece of “snow” to each side of all 3 wood blocks.
- Next, glue the 3 small squares to one side of a block to resemble buttons.
- To create the arms, glue the corresponding pieces together. Do not glue the upper shoulder parts together.
- Fold back the upper shoulder parts, as shown in the photo.
- Glue these shoulders to sides of the same block as the buttons, as shown in the photo.
- Tie a piece of ribbon around your snowman to resemble a scarf.
Add More Crafts To Your Routine
Instructions To Assemble Your Minecraft Snowman:
Ta-Da Your Minecraft Snowman Is Assembled!
I would love to see photos and videos of your kids making theirs! Did you decide to do any variations? How did your kids do?
Semi-Natural Rock Nativity Scene
This rock nativity scene is semi-natural, you can go on a nature hunt for the materials.
This Rock Nativity Scene activity is simple so kids can grab the container of supplies and do the craft by themselves.
You can purchase the materials as well, that is up to you on types of materials to use.
* The only part the kids need help with is the hot glue part, a grown-up should be using and doing the hot glue part unless the child is old enough to do it while being supervised.
When I told Jehzel about this craft he was really excited to get started!
Before you get started, be sure you have all the supplies first. I recommend putting all supplies into a plastic shoe box sized container for when you are ready to make your Rock Nativity Scene.
Make it into a group activity with your friends, have a parent grab some supplies in larger quantities first here:
Materials For Rock Nativity Scene:
- Large flat rocks
- Small pebbles
- Twigs of different lengths that snap easily
- Hot glue gun
- Burlap covered canvas
- Floral moss
- Star shaped confetti
Instructions To Assemble Rock Nativity Scene:
- Begin by laying out twigs in the shape of a stable on the front of the burlap wrapped canvas. Make the stable large enough to hold all of the nativity characters you plan to include on your canvas. You can view the photo as an idea of the basic shape you need to create.
- Glue the twigs into place with a hot glue gun once you have them arranged where you would like them to be.
- Place a thin layer of hot glue along the twigs that form the stable and press some floral moss into it. Tap off the excess moss gently and allow the glue to dry and harden.
- Create a baby Jesus shape for your nativity by finding a medium sized, flat round stone for his body, and a small round pebble for his head. Hot glue him into place in the center of the nativity and leave room under him to create a manger out of twigs.
- Make a manger for baby Jesus out of twigs and glue it into place under him on the front of the canvas.
- Create other nativity characters of your choosing out of the larger flat stones and the small pebbles. These can include Mary, Joseph, wise men, shepherds and even sheep.
- Hot glue the different rock characters into place within the stable on the front of your burlap canvas.
- Glue a large star-shaped piece of confetti onto the top of your canvas above the stable.
You Have Now Completed Your Very
Own Rock Nativity Scene!
Easy and fun, great to display for friends and family to look at when they come and visit you!